Professor John Tindle
- Job Title: Emeritus Professor of Telecommunications Engineering
- Telephone: 01915152895
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Tindle is Emeritus Professor of Telecommunications Engineering at the University of Sunderland. He manages the telecommunications network research group within the School of Computing and Technology.
John has overseen a number of industrial sponsored projects that have recently been completed, including engineering software development for large telecommunications networks using evolutionary computing, intelligent system development, artificial neural networks for fault state analysis, networking and image analysis.
In the last decade more than fifteen graduate level projects have been completed and a number of research students have been awarded higher degrees (8 PhDs and 3 Masters). In addition, about ten industrial studies or consultancies have been completed.
A series of collaborative projects have been undertaken in conjunction with BT Labs. As a result of these successful projects BT now employs "smart" planning tools, on a day to day basis to design their Greenfield networks. These "smart" tools use advanced optimisation techniques based upon artificial intelligence methods.
- Further Development of an Application Framework for Computational Chemistry (AFCC) Applied to New Drug Discovery (August 2014), TINDLE, J., WARRENDER, R., GINTY, K. DAWSON, P., Information Science Reference
- Application Framework for Computational Chemistry (AFCC) applied to New Drug Discovery (November 2011), J. Tindle, M. Gray, R.L. Warrender, K. Ginty, P.K.D. Dawson , International Journal of Grid and High-Performance Computing
- Cluster Systems - An Open-Access Design Solution (September 2009), Kevin GINTY, John TINDLE, Sonia TINDLE, ICSE2009 conference proceedings
- Rendering 3D Computer Graphics on a Parallel Computer (September 2009), John TINDLE, Kevin GINTY, Sonia TINDLE, ICSE2009 conference proceedings
- Planning of Complex Industrial Systems using a Novel Parallel Genetic Algorithm (September 2006), Turner S, Tindle J, Fletcher I, Mellis J, Mortimore D, Tindle S, Eighteenth International Conference on Systems Engineering ICSE 2006, University of Coventry, 5th to 7th September 2006
- Evolutionary computing
- Grid Computing
- Intelligent systems