How to Contact us
- See general contact information
- See contact details for individual members of staff
- Send us an e-mail
How to Find us
See details of how to find us, including directions and maps of the University and North East region.
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
If you can't find what you're looking for, try our site search facility, which you can find at the top right of your screen. If your search yields no results, consider the following search tips:
- To search for pages containing one of several words, separate the words
with "or". For example, to search for pages containing either "university" or "sunderland",
you should enter: university or sunderland
- To search for pages containing several different words, separate the
words with "and". For example, to search for pages containing "university" and "sunderland", you should
enter: university and sunderland
- To search for pages containing one word but excluding another, use the
"not" keyword. For example, to search for pages that contain the word "university" but do not
contain the word "sunderland", you should enter: university not sunderland
- To search for pages containing an entire phrase, simply enter the phrase
(without quotes). TIP: If the phrase you are searching for contains "or",
"and" or "not", surround those words with quotes. For example, to search for "research and
development", you should enter: research "and" development
- You can search for multiple words using a combination of "and", "or" and "not"
keywords. TIP: To clarify the search, use parentheses. For
example, to search for pages containing "grid" and either "hardware" or "software",
you should enter: grid and (hardware or software)
If you still can't find what you're looking for, try our site map as this contains links to all of the main pages of the site.
Our downloads section offers a number of research papers, presentations and articles for download. These files may be in one of several different formats:
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). To view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded for free from the Adobe web site.
- A WinZip (ZIP) file contains one or more files that have been compressed so that they take up less disk space (which means that they can be downloaded faster over the Internet). Unless you are using Microsoft Windows you will need a program such as WinZip in order to open a ZIP file.
- Microsoft Word (DOC) documents. If you don't have Microsoft Word installed, you can view Word documents in Word Viewer, which is available as a free download.
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT) presentations. If you don't have Microsoft PowerPoint installed, you can view PowerPoint presentations in PowerPoint Viewer, which is available as a free download.
Accessibility & Access Keys
Read our Accessibility Statement for details on the accessibility features available on our site.