CERIF for Datasets (C4D)
The JISC-funded IRIOS project developed a demonstrator integrating research information input and output datasets, allowing data to be exported in CERIF format. Input information was provided from Research Council grants systems and linked to output information from institutional repositories.
C4D extends this established platform to manage research datasets. Although research datasets are extremely heterogeneous, they have some commonality of research context which can be recorded in CERIF. This context is necessary to understand how the research dataset may be (re-)used.
Aims and Objectives
C4D will 'CERIFy' existing research dataset metadata conventions, and hence provide access to research data in an environment which also holds information on research projects and research outputs. C4D will also explore:
- the commonality of research dataset metadata, and how much can be represented in CERIF
- implementing this in a cloud environment
The three partner HEIs will validate the outcome of this 'CERIFying' process with live datasets from their own infrastructures.
This project started on 1st October 2011 and is due to be completed on 30th June 2013.
Other Relevant Information
- Dr. Albert Bokma (Researcher)
- Paul Cranner (Developer)
- Sheila Garfield
- Kevin Ginty (Principal Investigator)
- Ryan Henderson (Project Officer)
- Simon Kerridge (Steering Group Chair)
- Engineering and Physical Science Research Council
- Natural Environment Research Council
- University of Glasgow
- University of St Andrews
- CERIF for Datasets (C4D) (June 2012), Kevin Ginty, Simon Kerridge, Paul Fairley, Ryan Henderson, Paul Cranner, Albert Bokma, Sheila Garfield, CRIS2012
- CERIF for Datasets (C4D) - Utilising Semantics for the Discovery and Exploration of Datasets in Research (June 2012), Albert Bokma, Sheila Garfield, David Nelson, Esraa Omran, Oscar Corcho, CRIS2012
- POSTER - CERIF for Datasets (June 2012), Kevin Ginty, Simon Kerridge, Paul Fairley, Ryan Henderson, Paul Cranner, Albert Bokma, Sheila Garfield, CRIS2012
- POSTER: CERIF for Datasets - Key Outputs Presented at JISC's Managing Research Data workshop in Birmingham, March 2013, this poster summarises key outputs from the project. 1,199Kb Adobe pdf document. Posted 28/03/2013.
- PAPER: CERIF for Datasets Paper presented at CRIS2012. 179Kb Adobe pdf document. Posted 13/06/2012.
- PAPER: CERIF for Datasets (C4D) Utilising Semantics for the Discovery and Exploration of Datasets in Research Paper presented at CRIS2012. 300Kb Adobe pdf document. Posted 13/06/2012.
- POSTER: CERIF for Datasets C4D poster that was displayed at CRIS2012. 1,048Kb Adobe pdf document. Posted 13/06/2012.